When you list tickets on StubHub and tell us you have PDF tickets, that means you have the original, electronic .PDF file on your computer or mobile device. You're not allowed to make your own PDF file from scans, photos, or copies of paper tickets or printouts.
You can upload a PDF file during the listing process, after creating the listing, or once the tickets sell.
If you upload the ticket before someone buys it, you won't need to do anything else because the tickets are pre-delivered. The buyer can view the file shortly after buying them.
Desktop: Uploading PDF tickets
• During the listing process: Under 'What type of tickets are you listing,' choose 'PDF tickets' and that you're 'Ready to upload.' Click 'Upload tickets' to find the file on your computer.
• To a listing you already made: Go to My tickets > Listings > Click 'Upload tickets' under the listing, and find the file on your computer
• After the tickets sold: Go to My tickets > Sales > Click 'Upload tickets' under the sale, and find the file on your computer
StubHub app: Uploading PDF tickets
• To a listing you already made: Tap Sell > Active listings > Tap the listing > 'Upload tickets'
• After the tickets sold: Tap Sell > Sales > Tap the order > 'Upload tickets'
1. Open the PDF file and share it
2. Find the StubHub icon (tap 'More' if you don't see it). Enable StubHub and tap 'Done.'
3. Tap the StubHub icon to start uploading
Android users: Go the the listing and tap 'Upload tickets'
1. Open the PDF file on your mobile device
2. In the share menu, tap the StubHub icon to start uploading, or tap 'Select PDF' and follow the instructions
If you're getting an error during the upload process, check out these troubleshooting steps.